Composition In Two Genres

Keily Marrero

May 1, 2020

English

The Future is in our Hands

Everyday we are faced with decisions. How we behave ends up being the result of our environment and the way we were raised. Children in America have the potential to be great adults in the future with emotion support of others. In recent years America has had more mass shooting and self-harm than any other country. Aggression in children is often cause by neglect from their parents and unsupervised media exposure. The purpose of this project is to inform newly parents to learn new ways of parenting and understanding their child’s behavior. By doing so, kids will be less inclined to act out in and out of their home.

The author of this project is Keily Marrero. I consider myself credible because I have been a psychology student studying in behavioral psychology specifically. I have always been interested in behavioral psychology and have read and analyzed many articles and blogs for this project. Its important for me to provide the most accurate information I can by gathering many sources from different perspective not just scholarly sources. My audience for this project is new parents or people already have kids but have difficulty trying to connect with their child and prevent them from developing aggressive behavior. This is an important message because I want people to know that they are not alone when it come to raising their children. Often times, parents say that there is no class to become a good parent. That cant be further from the truth. I want my audience to better understand this topic and take their time to search into classes for new parents. Knowing how to become a safe place for your child to come to, is the best hope of helping them with aggressive tendencies or lashing out.

The two genres I used for this project are advertisement and painting. Sometimes an image can be more persuasive and convey more than just words. This is why I combined the two genres in a poster/painting into one. My stance on this matter is that parenting styles and exposure to media can play a larger role in a kid’s life more than would people think. Glorifying violence in the media can really stick in a child’s minds and mimic the actions they see. The medium I used for this project is painting/poster because the image will catch the eyes of my audience and convey a better message than if I only used words. The reason I am sharing this is because more children in America are being dangerous to themselves and other people. More hatred is being spread through the use of social media and their parents which can lead kids acting out.

In conclusion, through the use of advertisements, painting, and rhetorical terms, I am able to convey this message better in a more creative way. The purpose for this project is to inform the public and more especially parents, to understand that there are groups and classes that can support new parents. Even parents that already have childrens and want to prevent their child from straying way and becoming violent. There are many environmental factors than come up in play, but the best place to start is in our homes.